Sunday, June 15, 2008

All In The Family


It's really special being able to own and wear something that once belonged to someone in your family. After my grandma passed away in February little vintage treasures have been trickling down to me. Yesterday my mom and I were going through her broaches and I found this cute rose one. I love everything about it, mostly that at one time I know my Grandma loved it too. It's a little bizarre how glamorous my grandmother was. Soon I'll do a post about the other things she left my mother and I.

Here are some photos I took of my mother and Grandmother for my Photography class. I was documenting our lives and my Grandmothers life after her stroke.

I hope in the future to show more of my art and talk about things that are more important to me than clothing...take care everyone.

3 comments:

Milla said...

so sweet. the photos are lovely, let's please see some more. I got what little there was of my grandma's jewellery when she passed. I like the iron rings she got for donating her gold ones for the war effort the best.

Anonymous said...

i love the dress!!!!

Ness said...

i'm so sorry for your grand mother, mine is passed too january the first!
i miss her a lot, i think the best remember of her are her clothes, so i can smell her parfum