Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Historic Clothing

Here are some of my latest vintage clothing finds. This 1930's dress I scored at a flea market for $5!
It's simple and elegent, the lace detailing around the sleeves really gets me.
This dress is a little harder to appreciate from these photographs. I'd say it's about 100 years old. There is hardly anything wrong with it besides a few missing hooks. I purchased it at a second hand shop I actually use to work at. The owner is a bit crazy but upstairs is entirely filled with wonderful real vintage from 20's flapper, art deco, 40's and victorian. Some pieces are truly breath taking...and so are their price tags. Im not sure why but this piece was only $18 so I snatched It up right away. The owner randomly prices things so sometimes you can get a good deal. Im going to wear this to a wedding im photographing this weekend. Hopefully I'll get some pictures with me wearing it and the dress will come to life!

I also went to my favorite thrift store and found a pretty 50's swim suit. I've been hoping for so long to find an old swim suit in a thrift store.

I think im going to hold on to this one for now. See how it acts in water.


EDIT: I just listed two pairs of sunglasses, 1 purse and two dresses
I decided to list the bargans first, these things are on sale.

You can catch a sneak peak at what will be up on my flickr for Sunday.
Sit tight till then, I'll be posting more WR this week than last!

5 comments:

Isabel said...

That lacy number is breathtaking. Do you really think it is 100 years old? How can you tell?

Madison said...

Well, I looked it over with my mom, because of the style and fabric. Mostly the hook and eye closures on the back are so unique and interesting. Also the waist is small ruling out it being a dress for an older woman say in the 20's or 30's. Nothing is certain but this dress is adleast from the 20's but im amost positive it's earlier.

What we four say said...

great dresses,can't wait to see you in that one.

Ally said...

Both dresses are beautiful and the swim suit is adorable. I wish that I could find clothing like that in thrift stores near my house, but almost everything I find is from Forever 21 and is a year old, tops.

Hannah said...

That 2nd dress looks absolutely amazing!

I bought a dress from you on Ebay (a floral maxi dress, which I love) and I finally posted pictures of it on my blog!