Friday, June 13, 2008

Antiques

It's been a whole week since my last post. The wedding went extremely well, photographing it was pretty enjoyable. I ended up wearing a simple Vintage navy A-line dress I bought at a little antique store. I needed something that wouldn't draw too much attention. I've been working like crazy but yesterday I had a day off. Teddy and I went to a vintage bike shop that we love to get new spokes put on my bike. Last summer after finding an old bike on the side of the road we became a little obsessed and ended up fixing 4 vintage bikes by the end of summer. Since then we've mellowed out a bit and have been working really hard to get mine in tip top shape. Every bike at this shop is phenomenal. Hopefully when Teddy gets everything together I'll show you photographs of my RIDE!The little village the shop is located in is so darling. We stopped at a bunch of antique stores. I didn't have much luck till the end when we found ourselves in a Wal-Mart sized building stocked to the brim with antiques. It was really overwhelming. After looking through stacks of 70's formal gowns I came upon 3 perfect dresses.

I'm only going to give you a little peak at the other two.Hopefully I'll actually photograph myself in them soon enough for you to actually remember this post.

The first one is a 50's Abercrombie & Fitch of New York day dress and the second is a 30's oh so perfect depression era dress. Why are most all 30's dresses sheer?
If anyone is confused about the A & F thing click here to read about the company's history! I'm trying to get things ready to put up Sunday night for auction. Stay with me.
p.s. why is it so hard to show loveliness of clothes through photography?










2 comments:

kater said...

Such great finds!

My dad always rants on the history of A&F, missing terribly the days when he could dress himself from there looking like he was on safari :D

Milla said...

great post! I'm about to go into vintage bike fixing myself, as soon as I have some free time. The problem with photos and dresses is that they never show the true colors and blur the little details. The problem with photos and the world I think is that you have to know exactly how much to leave out, since it's like, the rest of the world;) The dresses look lovely all the same.