Friday, June 20, 2008

Auctions

Not mine, though I do have some up right now. But real auctions! Has anyone ever been to any? Im going to attempt this Tuesday in hopes of scoring some shady looking vintage clothing that probably won't be worth the drive. But none the less I will attempt because I need an adventure, last week I died of boredom. No joke. My last trip to the auction house left my with one paper dress and newly gained friendships with two men named Bob. Auctions can be so intimidating and scary. They also can be quite long and drawn out. You can go there for one item and wait several hours before they even bring it up to bid on. Im no expert, I just want to get a few cheap vintage dresses for my growing "classic" wardrobe.

In other news my hunt for the perfect swim suit on ebay got a little hectic last week when I bid and won two way above my prize range swim suits. The first one on accident....eh-hem im returning it....and the second one hopefully will be perfect. It may be a bit big but im an O-K seamstress.New with tags 1942, black halter? PLEASE FIT ME!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anja Verdugo said...

That's a nice swimsuit! My friend had one just like it, except it was new. I'm going to start hunting for a swimsuit too, I saw some really amazing psychedelic 60's ones when I was in Seattle a while back. I hope that one is perfect for you!!

ELM said...

Wow! It's amazing that that swimsuit has been waiting so long to find someone to wear it when it is so nice!