Friday, May 2, 2008

Dyeing Wine

Dress: 1930's eBay
Shoes: Thrift!
Hair comb: thrift!!

A few days ago, against my better judgement I decided to purchase this 30's formal dress. The dress was a highly faded blue and pink that looked as though is was left out in the sun for 40 years. It also carried the lovely sent of cigarettes and perfume. After I let it air dry on the clothes line for 9 hours ( that smell was horrendous) I went to the local Wal-mart (never go to Wal-mart) to buy some RIT dye.


I am actually very happy with the results. It now stands as a beautiful wine color and I think has a whole new life to it. It actually may of been worth waiting at the checkout for 15 minutes while listening to a small child scream at her mother to buy her a toy.


I am still debating selling this dress. There has got to by some one in need of this more than I.
Today I have a heap of clothes to mend. Vintage is beautiful, but sometimes I get weary of constantly fixing tears in my clothes from weak thread....
Take care!
p.s. It is about to thunder storm... I am so excited!

5 comments:

yiqin; said...

I came from wardrobe remix! You're really stylish! :D Love your dresses :)

Anja Verdugo said...

I love the lace details on that plaid dress. Very cute!

M said...

I for one, hate pink, so I am just amazed about the beautiful outcome of that dress! Well done!

Unknown said...

Beautiful color!

Ashleigh said...

ive been looking for a plaid dress like that but havnt had much luck finding one that perfect at a thrift shop!