Friday, May 2, 2008

Victory Curls!

Dress: 40's vintage
Shoes: old navy
hair: victory curls!
Today was an early morning. My oldest brother was graduating from university.
Vintage hair is one of those things that is both amazing and terrifying. I recently became determined to figure out some way to achieve a similar look.
I know of one gal who got it right. Here is Double Speak.


On her livejournal she actually gives a tutorial on how to get this look!

I achieved my hairstyle from the help of a tutorial on Victory Curls. Since I have long hair and little patience this was exactly what I needed. Learn how here on: Youtube


There are also a few other videos on there demonstrating vintage hair that inspired me.


I listed these two 40's-50's dresses in myeBay store last night.

The sailor wiggle dress first listed here is so similar to the one I am wearing today.





2 comments:

Anja Verdugo said...

Ooh, more nice dresses! Cool to see my pal Amelia on here too, she is definitely a vintage hair genius.

AlicePleasance said...

Oh my, the dress and your hair are fantastic!!! I definitely need to take a close look at that tutorial :-)